Tuesday, May 25, 2010

She's alive

Ok so I went swimming today and can't help but share this~
I had just completed my sad little 'work-out' at the local pool and in an effort to take advantage of the unpredictable sun as well as recover from my effort to 'exercise', I layed down on the pool deck....literally for about 7 minutes. A few minutes into my 'beaching' I hear a conversation that was destined to go down in my post-athletic history.
Little girl about 5 years old: "Do you think that girl (me) is dead or alive?"
Mom: "Well, I think she's alive..."
Little girl sounds doubtful....
I get up, chuckling to myself thinking, oh dear...but the redeeming comment came as I was trudging to the locker room.
Little girl: OH! She IS alive!

Needless to say, I'll be taking a few days to recover before going to swim again.

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I thought you looked so cute that day! I'm excited to meet your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melynne! Your blog is so cute!!! That is so funny! Little kids say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little kids are uncensored!! This was a great story.

    ReplyDelete