Thursday, May 6, 2010

Once Upon a Time........

Well I'm not entirely sure how to start one of these things, I have to admit that I've started a blog to avoid death causing boredom so I'm not claiming to be dedicated or even really good at this...:) And I would equate to starting a blog like picking up your dusty journal that you haven't written in for 5 years and just starting up again....you have to 'fill yourself' in on so much that by the time you catch up to your current status, your hand is about to fall off and your good intentions are lost somewhere on page 14 where you're describing your wedding cake .....it's too much so you have no other choice but to stop and hide it away until that next time you feel an urge-most likely 3-5 years away....as you can see it's a vicious circle and therefore you can guess how much of my life has actually been documented:) Needless to say, I'm not using this to document my life but our life though those of you who know Brigg will be be able to guess how much input he'll be giving so I'm sorry if this has more Melynneish overtones:)
The past nearly 2 years of our married life have been wonderful and eventful, we've experienced more than what we'd imagined was really hiding in those cards....such is life:) But I feel like we've been blessed to have learned and continually learn from those experiences. Here are just some of those lessons;
Angels come in all shapes and forms
Though it seems like things sometimes get chaotic in our lives, I believe that God sees and knows it and doesn't stress-in comes the phrase, "Mom, my room is messy I know, but I KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS!" Neat and tidy and picture perfect isn't always picture perfect and I've been told that I tend to lose many things for many people when I do 'organize'.
Everything really does have a time and season
People mourn in different ways-and that's OK....really it is.
People show emotion differently-and that's ok too....really, it most of the time is:)
"The worth of a soul is GREAT in the sight of God"
Our spirits reside in our bodies, but can have entirely different day.
Heaven is closer than we think
Here's an interesting one-though we pray for certain things, we don't always get what we want...and that's ok...cripes.:)
Families are Forever-ok already knew that one, but we've come to hope and believe in it more than ever
Everything works out, it's hard and stress filled sometimes but so it goes.
Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks:)
Love is what makes the world go round.
And cost-co's churros may just be the best things in the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment