Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day! I first of all want to say how grateful I am for my mother as well as mother-in-law. They are two amazing women. Thank you mom for all those late night projects including but not limited to; science fair, honors history, the ALL class, Halloween costumes, social studies, english papers, quiz and test reviews, as well as getting things together for various holidays for various people....oh yeah, and a wedding:) I love you so much and am so grateful for all you do and have done.

Mother's Day has a new tender spot in my heart especially this year. As our family and many of close friends know, our little boy Bridger passed away this past October after complications due to an uncommon disease known as Amniotic Band Syndrome. A one in a million situation involving a very unique spirit. It is my personal opinion that we all have unique spirits that are very individual and can be apparent even in the womb. Without getting too personal (luckily I know that it is basically only family that reads this) I would like to say how tremendously blessed I have felt to have enjoyed having his distinct little spirit with me, I feel as though he has been a guardian angel/shadow of sorts while going through the past several months of ups and downs; and never before have I felt such a unique feeling of complete love and adoration for someone as well as from someone who I have only seen once. The Savior has truly lifted all of us and given us all the hope and strength and peace necessary to live and I look forward to when I will get to hold little Bridger again. We are presently expecting another little boy who is due in August and just know that his older brother is giving him pointers and is looking out for him...as only brothers can do.:)
My sweet sister Marianne took a picture of Bridger's resting place in the Angel Gardens-something I will cherish forever as a connection to this Mother's Day when I was a state away from Utah and most especially, his little grave.
His headstone will be completed soon, in time for Memorial Day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melynne ~ You would do the same for someone you loved...only much better! I'm happy that you're so happy. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete