Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day



I've put off doing this post for the sole reason of inadequacy. Inadequacy in relaying my feelings of the day and most importantly inadequacy of being able to write a memorial to our little angel baby that could ever sum up the complexity of feelings we have of his being a part of our family. Growing up, a conversation surrounding the topic of true love could always be surmised with one sentence, "you don't understand now, just wait until you have your own children..."
Growing up we had an evening ritual, brush teeth, rinse with 'swish-swash', prayer, kisses, then off to bed. We'd call goodnight as we'd make the trek to our beds leaving mom and dad to enjoy being adults for a few minutes of the day. (Or sometimes choose this time to unleash the news that we'd need 2 dozen cupcakes by tomorrow morning for a class party or something...in this case it was more of a 'retreat' to bed:) While still in earshot, I would follow with three words/phrases, "Goodnight, Love you, See you in the morning," even into teenage years-which brought mixed remarks from my parents-mostly chuckles with what I'm sure were mixed with thoughts of exasperation. And though it was a daily ritual and can be viewed as less than genuine, it always brought a sort of closure and peace to the day for me-that my parents knew that I loved them and looked forward to seeing them in the morning and that by saying those words, they knew that would always be the case.
I think that in this case, this memorial day, I would like to say to our little Bridger, our Angel Baby, "Goodnight, Love you, See you in the morning."

Thank you to all of those who supported us and visited his sweet little resting place, it is appreciated more than you realize.

6 comments:

  1. very tender...and very adequate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was absolutely perfect!! I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melynne, you are so truly amazing. This is the sweetest blog ever. It is perfectly written, only from a perfect woman. I love you so much. You are an amazing mother and I just can't wait for this little baby to come to your family but our whole family. Sophie and MJ want to play with some cousins. He'd better be ready! You look darling with your prego belly. You pull it off well. We Love You and MISS you so much!!! Oh yes and of course my lil bro. Jose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Sophie and MJ love your fish! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. One day we will all be able to sunggle that baby. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melynne,

    Such a beautiful post, you write so well. I am so sorry for your loss. Congrats on your new little one, he is such a handsome little stud. Wish I could be there in person, but just wanted to let you know I think of you often and keep your family in our prayers. Can't wait to meet your new addition!

    ReplyDelete